TMNT 2014 MOVIE REVIEW
MOM & DAD EDITION
MOM & DAD EDITION
It's been over 2 weeks since the Turtles movie hit theaters. Critical reviews were mostly negative, but the film exploded at the box office.
While recently visiting my parents, we escaped the summer heat with a trip to the cinemas. Sure, you've read reviews from critics and Turtle fans, but what about my parents? They're two people who didn't grow up with TMNT, but witnessed their son & his generation get taken over by the phenomenon.
Check out their quick, spoiler-free reviews.
- The origin story was fresh, connecting the Turtles & April when they were both younger.
- Product placement success! The Pizza Hut pizza looked tasty & using it as a form of torture was funny.
- The prominent personalities & distinct looks of each Turtle were cool.
- The slice of pizza landing on Splinter's head was humorous & a nice homage to the first film.
- April looked too unscathed after nonstop action scenes.
- The lack of Casey Jones. Will Arnett did not make up for it.
- The Turtles were too big and too ugly on the eyes.
Best MOM quote: "During the film, I thought to myself, 'I'm not bored!'"
- Entertaining, fast-paced action.
- Megan Fox was surprisingly pleasant as April.
- Splinter's fighting style (with his tail). A fresh take on an old character.
- A worn-out plot. It was as if the filmmakers didn't have a unique script so they simply took another film's story.
- Splinter's voice. He didn't sound wise or Asian.
- The Turtles. They looked best as cute toddlers, but otherwise were too battle-worn.
Best DAD quote: "What was up with Shredder in this movie? He was not the guy I know."
The Parental Conclusion.
Overall, Mama & Papa Sewer Den thought TMNT was a fun summer flick. They were entertained and happy they saw the "big, ugly Turtles" on the big screen. I was hoping they would yell "cowabaunga" when the credits rolled, but I guess I'll have to wait until the sequel for that.